A great idea for a different way to prepare, drink and benefit from the healthy properties of your oolong tea.
The recipe serves one, so double the amount if you have a friend, triple it if you are in a crowd, and so on
- 125ml (1/2 cup) of whole milk, or a dairy-free alternative like coconut, almond or soya
- 200ml (7/8 cup) of boiling water
- 2-3 teaspoons of InNature Oolong Tea, vary by taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw honey
- Vanilla straight from the pod, to taste
- Optional spices – any of the following work well: cinnamon; cayenne; ginger; cardamom; cloves; nutmeg
- Optional fruits: Banana, strawberries, blueberries, mango, cantaloupe
A dose of oolong tea elevates the humble smoothie to a place of refinement. For this silky smooth, vanilla, honey and Oolong delight, follow the recipe below. It is simple and quick only taking a few minutes. Here at InNature we adore it, and would love to hear your verdict too.
- Steep the InNature Oolong Tea in boiling water for two minutes, avoid stewing.
- Place the dairy or dairy-free milk into a blender, and pour in the tea leaves, honey and any spices. Open the vanilla pod and scrap the seeds with the back of a knife and add to mixture. Feel free to add fruit to the mix, if you wish – a small handful of strawberries, blueberries, bananas, mangos or cantaloupe can be a delicious addition.
- A few pulses with the blender will create a homogenous mixture that can be decanted into a jug and chilled in the fridge for a couple of hours. And if you simply can’t wait, just serve it on the rocks.