Makes about 1 litre (1 quart) of ice cream, or enough for about 8 generous portions
- 250ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 150g (¾ cup) sugar
- 500ml (2 cups) heavy cream or double cream
- 6 table spoons of our InNature Spring Green tea (if you feel adventures experiment with any of our teas)
- 6 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
This recipe requires no machine, which makes it convenient as well as delicious. Whip up a batch for the freezer and take a scoop whenever you fancy.
We specify Spring Green Tea here, but there you can experiment with any of our teas – we would love to know which you think are most delicious.
- Find a medium-sized saucepan and pour in the milk, sugar and the pinch of salt, warming on a medium heat and stirring the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add InNature Spring Green tea in whatever quantity you wish (we think 6 table spoons is a good amount), and stir for 3-4 minutes, do not boil mixture. Add the heavy cream and whisk until combined. Pass the mixture through a sieve once or twice to strain away the tea leaves.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Take your warm mixture and slowly pour over the yolks, whisking as you do so. Then pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and put it on a medium heat. Stir with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the mixture thickens and can nicely coat the spatula.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir until cool over an ice bath. Pour into a bowl or plastic tubs, cover and chill for at least four hours or over night in the freezer.